Health & Safety Officer
Our Client is a leading Irish Residential & Commercial Contractor, they are looking for a Health & Safety Officer for projects across Dublin.
The Health & Safety Officer role:
• Working as part of our Clients Construction management team to ensure the provision of a safe and productive work environment.
• Always seek to improve the standard of Health & Safety in a practical manner within the company management system and on specific sites.
• Monitor and enforce the implementation of Our Clients Health & Safety Management System.
• Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
• Assist Site Management to ensure Contractor Compliance on Our Clients Sites.
• Assist H&S Manager and Site management to coordinate the safe systems of work for contractors.
• Enforce site specific disciplinary procedures.
• Carry out H & S auditing on site and address non-conformances as they are identified with site management and contractors.
• Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
• Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery.
• Identify training needs on site for Our Clients personnel and the contractors.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience in managing safety systems in construction is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
• Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) preferred
• Able to manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system
• Strong relationship builder and ability to leverage key relationships across the full spectrum of project stakeholders and statutory bodies
• Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
• Able to work and build strong relationships with contractors from various backgrounds and trades
• Able to chair and deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
Salary commensurate with experience
Private Health Insurance
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.