On behalf of our client, a top Northern Ireland employer, Apple Recruitment Services are seeking a Sales or Purchase Ledger Administrator to cover a Maternity contract.
Working from their modern, Antrim based office, the Purchase Ledger Administrator will report to the Finance Controller and be responsible for daily cash transactions posting to the Purchase and Sales Ledger. The post holder is responsible for cash handling – from daily bank account reconciliation, preparing and processing supplier payments, posting and monitoring customer receipts, collection and posting of DDs and EFTs and associated reconciliations. The role will also include supervisory responsibilities for the Finance Administrator.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8.30am- 5pm and Friday 8.30am – 3.45pm (37.5 hours). Salary starting from £22,500 p.a.
If this role is not suitable but you would be considered for other opportunities please visit our website.
- Health Insurance- PHI available after 26 weeks of absence, 75% of basic salary for up to 60 months (subject to acceptance by insurers)
- Sickness Absence- After 12 months service, 26 weeks at full pay, 26 weeks at half pay (subject to medical certification)
- Maternity Leave- 26 weeks full pay, Statutory Maternity Pay thereafter
- Paternity Leave- 5 days full pay and up to 2 weeks SPP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym Subsidy
- Subsidised Eye Care
- Health Care- Annual ‘MOT’ Health checks & flu jabs.
- Long Service Awards
- 25 days holiday plus 10 stats and 2.5 company days (pro rata)
- Free parking, tea, coffee, coffee dock and breakout area, regular staff events & wellbeing activities
- Minimum 5 passes at GCSE level Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English & Maths;
- Previous experience of supervising other team members including allocation of daily tasks and mentoring/training others in new responsibilities;
- Previous experience of operating a Sales or Purchase Ledger system – with a large number of daily transactions;
- Experience of driving improvements within a Sales or Purchase Ledger environment;
- Proven experience of cash handling, accounts receivable/payable and/or banking experience, with demonstrable understanding of cash handling procedures;
- Strong reconciliation skills, coupled with strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and MS Office;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels across several departments.
- Knowledge of Sage Online 200.
Further details are available to applicants. To express an interest please send your CV to Patricia in by clicking on the link. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.