Connected Health is a home care provider operating across Ireland. We are currently looking for fantastic experienced, qualified carers to join our care team! Our work involves assisting our clients to live as independently as possible in the comfort of their own homes.
We are now offering both part time and full time contracts. Carers would need to be willing to work in Drogheda and surroundings areas. .
What do we offer?
- €12.00ph - €15.00ph
- Fortnightly Pay (3rd and 18th of each month)
- Part-time and full-time hours available
- 24/7 support
- Free Induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- Carer events including lunches and work shops
- Refer a friend scheme for €100
- Bike to work scheme
- Opportunity to get your profile on homecaredirect.ie
Requirements for Flexible Hour Contracts:
- Have at least 2 QQI Level 5 qualification modules; Care Skills and Care of the Older Person or equivalent and be working towards full QQI Level 5 qualification.
- Willing to commute and work in the specified areas.
- Access to a Car Preferred
Main Purpose of the Job
- To provide assistance with personal care and other daily living tasks to people within their own homes who use ourselves in order to provide care.
- To work with each individual client to maximise their independence and choice and to ensure a high standard of care is being received.
- To work in partnership with clients encouraging choice and participation whilst adhering at all times to the values of the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake personal care and daily living tasks as agreed with the client, their family and the professionals involved with the individual service plan.
- To work at all times within the policies and procedures of Connected Health.
- To provide clients with opportunities to express their preference as to the way tasks are carried out.
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with clients and work colleagues from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- To communicate regularly with the immediate supervisor, in particular regarding changes in the client’s condition or circumstances.
- To use the services on-call system in accordance with the service guidance.
- To attend training including induction training, team meetings and individual supervision sessions as required.
- To complete documentation, including client records and timesheets.
- To comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To participate in supervision, staff meetings and training activities as required.
- To be responsible for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills through experience and training.
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Client Manager following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.