Database Administrator and Engineer
Leading business with real expertise in their field are searching for a highly experienced, ambitious, and innovative candidate to join their team. The roles involves leading a team of specialists to create a Database Engineering and Administration (DEA) organisation that would help the company to meet its strategic objectives and continue its already impressive growth.
- Working closely with leadership to build the DEA group.
- Actively attracting and coaching talent while also still having a hands-on role implementing the DEA footprint.
- Developing database specifications as well as design and coding standards
- Give hands on design and development as well as code reviews.
- Develop in depth knowledge of business processes.
- Perform problem resolution and root causes analysis and then implementing the necessary preventive techniques.
Technical skill set
- 10+ years of Architecture/ SQL Engineering - be able to analyse SQL query plans to identify SQL bottlenecks, design database specifications, develop schemas, SQL queries and stored procedures, conceptualise, plan and implement installations in standalone and clustered environments.
- Ability to build HA and DR systems that use Failover Clustered instances, availability groups as well as multi-site clusters.
- SQL Server Architecture - engine, query processes, query optimisation.
- Ability to automate the execution of database related processes
- Experience with SQL Server Multi-site cluster is huge plus!
Compensation and benefits
- £60 - 70K per annum (experience dependent).
- £500 joining bonus to set up a remote office with necessary software etc.
- Excellent career progression - path to Director level for the correct candidate.
- Excellent remote working opportunities.
- Contract type: permanent.
- Working days: Monday to Friday
- Remote opportunities: can mainly work from home but travel to the office is expected at least once/ twice a month.
If you feel up to the task and are an excellent team leader then please apply or contact me direct on (phone number removed) or email me at (url removed).
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary). I can then call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.