Cloud Database Administrator and Architect
Our Technology client is currently seeking a Cloud Database Administrator and Architect for their location in Cork City, though the role can be performed remotely due to the current situation. A future presence in Cork would likely be required.
The ideal candidate would be highly adaptive and motivated, excited by, and willing to work in an agile flat culture/structure. They would be interested in contributing (where relevant) to product development discussions and comfortable being part of a wider forum for the client's product and systems strategies.
- Respond to live/production support incidents and requests.
- Participate in on-going development of policies, procedures and standards for database builds, administration, backups, security and auditing.
- Build, maintain, and support database estate.
- Provide comprehensive and clear documentation for all new database builds.
- Manage and oversee the ingestion of the data to all environments.
- This potentially includes production patching requests, testing of live/production patches and providing critical support to production systems.
- Monitoring the integrity and performance of the database and other critical systems.
- Disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Evaluates and recommends additional products for the purpose of streamlining product development and support.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Performs MySQL, and other DBMS Database and Application server administration.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- 7+ years of experience with security, configuration, and implementation of enterprise databases.
- Experience with SQL programming and scripting.
- Experience with creating database objects, including tables, views, materialized views, synonyms, sequences, and indexes.
- Experience with deploying secure data environments and ensuring the structural integrity of the database.
- Experience with working on core Amazon Web Service (AWS) capabilities, including Amazon RDS for MySQL (including clustering), Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with AWS Direct Connect and AWS Event Sourcing Techniques.
- Experience with monitoring a Data sync between AWS and on-prem applications.
- Experience with disaster recovery procedures, backup recovery, and high availability.
- Experience with Agile SDLC.
- Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision.
- BA or BS degree in software engineering (or equivalent).
Additional Skills (Beneficial):
- Previous experience working with or delivering SaaS solutions and products.
- Knowledge of industry standards e.g. ISO.
- AWS Cloud Certification preferred.
- o Certified AWS System Administrator
- o AWS Certified Database
- Experience monitoring performance and availability of the applications on the AWS platform.
- Experience optimization environments for ensuring maximum performance.
- Experience provisioning cloud resources and managing implementation automation.
- Implementing solutions using EBS, IAM, SNS, SQS, SWF, Route 53, Application Load Balancer, Code Deploy, Jenkins, Elastic File System, Direct Connect, Cloud Watch, VPC, Security Groups, CloudFront, Cloud Trail, Auto Scaling Groups, etc.
- Build environments using automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Cloud Formation/Terraform and Ansible/Puppet).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.