As a Sales & Tendering Engineer you will be tasked with compiling and delivering bids, proposals and quotations based on customer technical requirements and budgets for high voltage substations and electrical systems, including switchgear, transformers and associated labour, materials & equipment.
You will also work in conjunction with the procurement team to advise and evaluate that suppliers are able to meet the technical and budgets demands of the project and to specification. Alongside this, you will ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process, providing technical support to Sales Managers during meetings and presentations.
* Formulates competitive bids/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
* Manages the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product type(s)), financial (e.g. total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid/estimate/quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
* In accordance with bid/estimate/quotation planning, ensures that inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures. Manages external services to support bid/estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals.
* Collects and archives documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reports the status of the bids/estimates/quotations using defined tools and collects and analyses the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
* Identifies potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with company policy
* Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
* Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
* Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
Our client is global technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. They offer products, systems & solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century. With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to making energy more accessible, affordable & sustainable for millions of people globally.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Masters or bachelor degree in an engineering discipline or business administration or any other qualification that is deemed suitable for the role.
- Experience in compiling complex tenders with a good knowledge of technical requirements including Electrical Systems or Substations.
- Good English both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of processes in industrial large and complex or turnkey contracts
- Skilled communicator who can interface with numerous external and internal parties at different levels in a project environment
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.