Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary.
In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in that moment, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible, sending it rising up.
What are we looking for?
Otis is currently recruiting for a talented Repair Manager for our Lifts/ Elevators division. The main goal of this role is to proactively manage a portfolio of Otis’s key commercial customers within Dublin and the North Leinster area.
As a Repair Manager, you will:
- Bring a technical and professional approach to provide effective solutions to customers
- Ensure high levels of customer service are delivered
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Manage a small team of lift/ escalator Service Engineers
- Have management responsibility across a wide range of areas – quality, safety, ethics, budget, people, customer and service delivery
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess strong technical knowledge of lifts and preferably be qualified to NVQ level 3
- Be a highly effective communicator, who can proactively manage customers and the team
- Have successful experience within profit and loss management
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines whilst ensuring effective customer service.
- Need to be highly IT literate in order to respond at pace to customer queries
- Provide the metrics required by the business and generate adhoc and regular reports
We will consider candidates within the lift industry who have some supervisory/ leadership exposure and are looking for their next step in management.
What can we offer you?
- On top of a basic salary commensurate with your experience, you will be eligible for a bonus, company car/ allowance and other benefits.
- Otis also offers the opportunity for lifelong learning and progression through our Employee Scholarship Scheme and various other training initiatives.
- There are opportunities for development and promotion within the Service Division for a high calibre Manager.
More about us:
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
We are interested in hearing from Repair Managers, Services Managers, Engineers, Technicians, Field Managers, Operations Managers, Engineering Team Leaders and Service Supervisors who can demonstrate evidence of managing, coaching and motivating teams and who live within a commutable distance of Dublin or surrounding areas.