Opportunity for a Balance of Plant Package Manager working on a major offshore wind farm project based in Europe.
Principal elements of this positon will involve detailed design, fabrication, transportation and installation of all offshore WTG and offshore substation foundations and Fabrication and installation of Inter-array cables and export cables.
- Develop a package strategy, with the objective to develop a reliable technical solution, optimizing LCOE, and respecting Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements;
- Overall responsibility in the coordination of the day to day activities of the offshore elements of this package;
- Management of the package schedule, progress, and expenditure against budget, including reporting on progress status and highlighting any issues;
- Work with the Design Manager to ensure that certification and compliance with regulatory requirements is achieved;
- Estimate CAPEX and OPEX to feed into the business model.
- Ensure that the package's risk profile is understood and appropriately managed;
- Develop and implement the procurement strategy for the package;
- Lead the procurement process for the package, in collaboration with other members of the team;
- Assess contractor proposals, coordinating and assisting in negotiating contracts;
- Manage the detailed design, ensure that the design optimizes LCOE, takes fabrication and installation constraints into account and meets all requirements in terms of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality;
- Ensure interfaces with other packages, contractors and stakeholders are identified and appropriately managed;
- Ensure consent requirements are met.
Skills and Experience
- This role will require a detailed understanding of the design, fabrication, and installation of foundations and cables for offshore wind developments;
- Significant experience in managing large packages of work delivered by EPCI contractors to agreed time, cost, and quality targets;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, preferably in Ireland;
- Knowledge and experience of managing contractors to meet or exceed HSE requirements;
- Excellent Project Management skills, including contract management, coordination, cost control, risk and programme management;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team on large infrastructure projects;
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under significant pressure to tight timescales.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.