Find new job opportunities
Providing our candidates with more local job opportunities than ever before, job fairs are a brilliant way to increase your chances of finding a job by meeting employers face-to-face who are directly looking to recruit.
To help you make the most of a recruitment fair, CV-Library has put together our tips to success:
Before the fair:
- Look at the list of attending companies and decide which are most interesting to you so you can fully research each one.
- After your research, put together a list of questions for potential employers.
- Take plenty of copies of your up-to-date CV with you so you can hand them out.
Top Tip - If you're interested in different job roles, have tailored versions of your CV ready, printed and labelled (so you don't get them mixed up!)
During the fair:
- Be confident and look professional - if you have done you're research beforehand there's no reason to be nervous.
- Keep an open mind. Don't dismiss companies you may not have heard of before and network as much as you can, speak to fellow job hunters as well as employers.
- Take your time at each booth to build a rapport with recruiters. Be sure to ask them any questions you have and find out what the next step is in the recruitment process.
After the fair:
- Follow up with each employer you spoke to during the event with an email or a phone call.
- Keep an eye on company activities; this gives you a reason to remain in contact with the recruiter.
- Continue looking for work, including within the companies you met with at the fair. You might find they have other job opportunities on offer.
We have highlighted some of the upcoming job fairs below. Please note we are not the organisers of these fairs and are not always in attendance, so if you require any further information please visit thejobsfairs.co.uk